Typography

On the sideline of GITEX Technology Week 2016, Teknotel, the magazine specialized in technology and business, distributed awards to the best smartphone and electronics manufacturers as well as telecommunications companies. The ceremony took place on October 18, at Nassima Royal Hotel, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai.

In his opening speech, Mr. Naim Boueri, Chief Operating Officer, Trace Media, welcomed the audience and spoke about the history of Teknotel as the first Arab technological magazine launched 15 years ago. ""We decided to enter the publishing market with the first Arab technological magazine that we called T2 Arabia! Back then, we used to only cover the consumer electronics market. Throughout the years, we’ve met the growing demand, developing the magazine until it became known as Teknotel which, today, covers all technological, technical and business news"", he said.

After that, Mr. Toni Eid, Chief Executive Officer, Trace Media, welcomed the attendees and praised the importance of this event which honors leaders and experts of the technology and business field, while highlighting the most prominent innovations and achievements.

The winners were selected based on public vote, which accounted for 60% of the final result. The remaining 40% were based on the opinion of an independent panel of four experts in the ICT field.

Awards were distributed as follows:

Category

Company

Product

Best Tablet

Lenovo

Yoga book

Best Laptop

HP

HP EliteBook 1030

Best Personal Security Solution

Kaspersky

Kaspersky

Best TV

Samsung

Samsung Curved 55-inch 4K ULTRA HD

Best Entry Level Camera

Nikon

Nikon D3400

Best DSLR Camera

Canon

Canon EOS 5Ds

Best Media Provider

Now TV

Now TV

Best Mobile Data Package

du

du

Best Customer Service

Zain

touch – Lebanon

Best Operator

Etisalat

Etisalat

Best Wearable

Huawei

Huawei watch

Best Affordable Smartphone

LG

G5

Best Dual Lens Smartphone

Huawei

P9

Smartphone of the year

Sony

Xperia X

Advertisement